Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Family Story I am Using for my Wiki ( Rough Draft)

My Grandfather lived in a Small Town called Aquaka which is located on the Banks of the Misissippi River. He grew up there as a Farmer's son. In his mid-teens his father sold the farm and open up a general store in the Town. No one in the town has ever been to College. My Great-Grandfather decided to send my grandfather to college. He gathered all the money he had and it ended up being about 1,000 dollars (around 20,000 now). He even signed up for what classes my grandfather was going to take, because my grandfather would not do it. My Grandfather still refused to go, so my great-gradfather forced in the car drove him to college and literally threw him out into the college. First Semester was already paied for and he was suppose to use the 1000 for Second semester and food ect. However, my grandfather didn't listen and spent all his extra money and in no time he was broke. When Second semester rolled in my Grandfather realized that he really liked college. He worked from 9pm to 7am at a gasoline shop to pay his way through college. He would study and work (and probably sleep too).

No comments: